Like most of you (I hope), I am choosing to self quarantine and chill at home with my family to stay safe, healthy, and hopefully help flatten the curve. And, while it seems strange & a little uncomfortable to not socialize, we are in a wonderfully digital age that can help us stay connected, fit, and entertained. So, my at-home selfcare strategy now includes what I like to call QUARANTAINMENT. Little things that I can do to add a bright spot to my day and now hopefully yours too!
1. Morning Meditation - 10 Minute Free Meditation
2. Have a virtual mask party - we can help!
The people that make me smile the most (besides my kiddos) are my brother's kids. They live in Chicago and are also on lock down. Lately, we find ourselves Facetiming everyday to stay connected during this stressful time. Yesterday, we decided to have an impromtu mask party over Facetime, and it was so much fun!
Give it a try: Get $20 Mixtape Mask Set and we will ship it free to you and your fam!
3. Stay Fit & Dance
I've been enjoying Pop Sugar's fitness channel on YouTube. The workouts are fun, compact and get my heart rate up. It's a great release for stress. If you have the space, give it a try - you won't regret it.
4. Take in some culture: Check these museum tours!
You all know how much I love to wander around the LES, go to galleries, and yes, get lost in NYC's finest art museums! But Travel & Leisure took it to another level by giving me inspo from around the globe. Such a nice break from Corona Virus updates all day long. Take a few minutes and do a "virtual walk" through a museum you've been meaning to check out but never had the time to - until now.
5. Live stream yoga classes
Home Power Yoga studio saved me when developing my company and they were the first of all of my fitness emails to offer a live stream class option. They place importance on the safety and wellness of their community and are literally bringing their "Home" into yours.
6. Interesting Screen Time for the Kids
7. Support Small Business
In our first year, it was the trust and partnership of small businesses that helped people discover our products. Being an owner of a brick & mortar shop or boutique hotels is pretty tough right now, so we thought we would share a few small businesses that believed in my little company and could use your love & support right now!
- H2O Closet (Palm Springs & Coachella Valley, CA) A wonderful boutique with a highly curated assortment of goodies made for you, your loved ones, and your bathroom. The owners are the most wonderful people and their eye for beauty & home products is remarkable. Shop their goodies online at h2ocloset.com.
- Chelsea Square (Montclair, NJ) - Words can't express my love for this local boutique. The owner, Kara Lynn, is a bad ass female founder that just gets beauty & lifestyle needs. Her curated mix of products and customized gift boxes are so unique. I always leave here with something new I can't wait to try. Shop the boutique online here!
- Canvas Dallas Hotel (Dallas, TX) - I know travel is not top of mind now, but it won't be like this forever! When you're ready for a weekend getaway again, you'll want boutique hotels like these to discover! Book for a future weekend, discover Dallas and do a GC face mask in your hotel room! Check it here!
8. Relax and watch the ocean
I mean the ocean is what you booked your beach vacay for, right? Well, here you go. Enjoy like this!